- Performs inspections of company products to determine conformance with specifications.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics.
- Processes associated documentation, including process tags, rework tags and nonconforming material documents.
- Rejects defective parts, and marks type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag.
- Inspect products using gauges, coordinate measuring machine, scales, oscilloscope and vision prior to shipment.
- Examines material or product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete welds.
- Generate spreadsheets for data collection.
- Works under direct supervision and in accordance with instructions and techniques.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Skills Requirement
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 6 months of inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Training in general safety, electrostatic discharge awareness, foreign object damage awareness and quality system awareness.
Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma;
- Basic skills in MS Office
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership abilities
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Personal Protective Equipment must always be worn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.