As Footprint's Prototype Machinist, you will perform daily activities associated with producing prototypes.
In addition, this role will maintain equipment used to manufacture prototypes of new products and updates to existing products, to meet our global customer needs!
While performing in this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with Footprint's highly creative designers, engineers, scientists and many other leaders.
In this role, you will:
- Select the right tools, processes, and designs for creating products based on their unique shape, size, and composition.
- Make adjustments to ensure product meets quality requirements.
- Monitor machines to adjust the feed, maintain temperature, and identify issues.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Communicate timely and effectively with co-workers and supervisors, to ensure quality prototypes.
- Understand drawings, specifications, and other shop data for standard tool configuration.
We have positions available on:
- Thursday-Saturday every other Wednesday 6am-6pm Days
- Thursday-Saturday every other Wednesday 6pm-6am Nights
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience in manufacturing machinery
What You Will Need to Be Successful
- Have a passion to help create a better world and healthier planet.
- Must be able to respond professionally to process improvements.
- Demonstrated versatility and ability to work under time-critical schedules, with flexibility to move from machine to machine depending on the workload and competing priorities.
- Able to follow instructions in travelers and DOE plan; fill up the data per DOE or traveler requested.
- Able to input and record data in preset xls or doc file.
- Effective teamwork with designers, engineers, and scientists.
- Ability to assist in basic forming machine setups from setup sheet with accuracy.
- Safely operate forming machine into auto mode from setup function.
- Able to perform general maintenance preventive maintenance functions.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able to perform process improvement as instructed.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-growing environment.
- Self-motivated team player, who is able to communicate effectively to help solve problems at hand.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development