Footprint (Fast Company ranked it number 38 on the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2020) is a sustainable technology firm that is focused on reducing or eliminating plastics through the development and manufacturing of revolutionary technologies initially focusing on bio based reinforced polymers and the design, development, and implementation of next generation manufacturing technologies for fiber-based packaging solutions. Our primary focus is on delivering plastic replacement, reduction and elimination solutions that cost less and are manufactured on shore.
Footprints Print Engineer will be responsible for all the process development activities of the high-speed flexographic/dry offset cup print, Egg carton printing and Molded fiber labeling production workflow including coordinating with printer-manufacturer and help the installation process, improving the machine utilization, new product initiation, coordinating with prepress houses related to flexographic plates, coordinating with ink manufacturers, improve the throughput, develop new procedures, initiate methods to reduce manufacturing cost.
- Print Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or equitant qualifications.
- Minimum 2 years print production/engineering experience (3 – 5 years preferred)
- Prior experience/exposure to High-Speed Flexographic Printing
- Cup printing (dry offset) on plastic or molded fiber cups is a distinct advantage.
- Prior use of design of experiments, statistical analysis and SPC
- Knowledge of print quality control procedures
- Knowledge of color theory
- Theoretical knowledge of CMYK color separations and flexography plate making.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, vendors, customers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work equally well individually or in a team situation.
- Availability to travel as needed.
- Flexibility to work in a demanding environment.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of work and multi-task
- Effective bilingual communicative skill is an added advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Understand and dedication to Lean Principles including 5S
- Must work well under pressure, meeting daily deadlines.
- Self-starter with little supervision
- Good time-management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible with change and accept change as a positive experience
- Must be able to learn the company’s software and computer systems
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Physical Requirements : Requires walking, ability to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulder heights and below waist throughout the day.
- Specific vision abilities required.
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development