The primary responsibility of the Platform Manager is to lead the overall development, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of new products. This person will be responsible for ensuring consistency with company methodology, commitments and goals, while driving strategic initiatives, process improvements, and cross-functional alignment, to ensure successful delivery of new products to market. Further, leading and managing multiple projects that are diverse in scope, while working in an environment that thrives on innovation, communication, and collaboration.
- Minimum Master's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or relevant STEM discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years equivalent combination of education and applicable project management work experience
- 1-2 years of experience leading projects in a formal development methodology
- 1-2 years of client management experience with accountability for client relationships
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project, or other project planning tools
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understands and effectively explains key technical challenges for the industrial, food and food coat processes.
- Effectively communicates the key failure modes for process, materials, equipment impacts to product output and quality.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills, as well as time management skills to monitor and evaluate the performance of projects.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, when working across multiple countries and geographies within and outside the company.
- Self-starter who is resourceful, proactive and assertive, that thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing projects to success, by every measure.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced business environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops schedule to incorporate all aspects of the program requirements.
- Manages multiple competing priorities, understanding requirements from customers and makes priority calls for the corporation. Communicates decisions clearly.
- Ability to organize, evaluate and present information effectively (graphics, construction documents, written reports, presentations, etc.).
- Monitors progress to plan and uses influencing skills to close gaps in delivery schedules to meet overall program timelines.
- Takes a vague concept for a new product and collaborates with multiple departments and customer to define product requirements.
- Identify where the proposed product fits within established technologies.
- Develop direction for solution path and influence all key stakeholders to adopt recommended solution.
Technical Problem Solving
- Use structured problem solving methods to solve technical and non technical problems.
- Ability to analyze data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Apply manufacturing and statistical methods to estimate manufacturing requirements, potential, and cost of product to be developed.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting data for leadership.
- Manage technical projects through sound project management principles and standards.
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development