The R&D Process Engineer will work closely with Product Development teams to identify and develop the new processes and technologies needed to introduce new products. The R&D Process Engineer is also responsible for optimizing and upgrading current processes and equipment [SM1] for cost savings and gains in efficiency, capability, reliability and safety across Manufacturing and Distribution. Responsibilities will span the entire product/process development continuum all the way from idea generation to transfer to Footprint’s high volume manufacturing sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with process and equipment development or using advanced troubleshooting techniques on high volume manufacturing
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office Suite, JMP, Statistics, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Project
- Must be fluent in English and be able to travel both domestically and internationally
- Preferred Minimum accredited lean six sigma green belt[SM2] .
- Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations
- Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Root Cause Analysis, Quick Changeover/SMED, Process Centerlines)
- Statistics and analytical methods, Process measurement and control
- Change management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on a cross-functional and diverse team
- Ability to manage complexity, handle multiple priorities and prioritize accordingly
- Flexibility and adaptability around shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment to support 7 x 24 x 365 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and 365 day operations.
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills utilizing structured problem-solving techniques.
- The ability to drive projects and overcome any hurdles that are encountered from pilot to transfer to high volume manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal, cross-functional teamwork, process improvement and project management skills
- The ability to lead projects through to transfer to high volume manufacturing
- Role model with safety and quality culture.
- The ability to work with suppliers, establish a program with supplier for new equipment and deliver equipment on time and meeting specifications.
- The ability to keep projects on schedule to support footprint’s business objectives.
- Be able to learn knew techniques, skill sets and apply them to their job scope.
- Advanced understanding of mathematics and engineering/science principles.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
Develop robust, reliable, effective, and efficient processes and equipment in support of business objectives.
Establishing, providing, and maintaining the process engineering, technical and tooling functions and ensure that robust manufacturing processes are achieved to meet the plant’s productivity, delivery, quality, and safety objectives
Work to continually identify and implement advantaged processes and technologies.
Participate in solving quality problems involving research and development equipment, and drive improvement and process changes that improve performance, yield, cost, and efficiency.
Setting up process parameters, design of experiments and monitoring equipment by conducting regular testing.
Create and oversee standardized production procedures and maintain all documentation for products, such as work instructions; and determining ways to minimize operating costs, such as equipment justification to enhance performance. Furthermore role modeling the cycle of solving problems, documenting the changes, training personnel on the changes and proliferating those changes to the high-volume manufacturing sites.
Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
Work closely with employees and co-workers to plan and design methods to maintain, improve or enhance existing manufacturing processes.
Develop, establish, and ensure appropriate departmental standards, methods, policies, procedures, and documentation are in place and maintained.
Modify or reengineer processes to increase throughput while maintaining or increasing the quality and accuracy of output.
Serve as the lead when it comes to transferring new processes and technologies from the laboratory/bench/pilot scale into full production.
Gather and analyze data and use that data to make recommendations. This includes characterization of current process, quantifying/qualifying potential process improvements and leading validation efforts of newly implemented products/processes.
Compile data, document work, and prepare reports for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Coordinate and plan to ensure project work meets quality specifications and is delivered on schedule and within budgetary constraints.
As needed, the engineer will travel to Footprint’s high volume manufacturing sites, suppliers, etc for extended stays to support Footprint’s business objectives.
Understand the development process, suggest improvements and execute them to improve the development process.
[SM1]This summary is different than what we have on our website. I’ll attach the current posting to my email when I send this over.
[SM2]This was on the current posting on our website. Do you want this?