Under the direct supervision of the Production Supervisor, the Machine Operator performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. The position follows standard work methods and practices. The Machine Operator also ensures that all products are produced to the specified parameters, ensures targets and deadlines are achieved and complies with the company’s health and safety procedures.
Night B: Thursday – Saturday & every other Wednesday 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM (12 hour shifts)
Night A: Sunday - Tuesday & every other Wednesday 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM (12 hour shifts)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Ensuring operating correctly and producing quality product at expected yields.
- Effectively communicate other departments throughout the shift.
- Accurately maintain multiple logs (batch, equipment down time, etc.)
- Train Personnel as needed on Operating, and Maintenance.
- Troubleshoot machine issues and perform basic maintenance.
- Identify recurring issues with the machines and determine solutions.
- Always keep a safe and clean work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma, or GED
- 4 years of manufacturing experience
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Multitasking is an essential job function for this role.
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development