The primary responsibilities of the Lab Technician will be to provide support in Paper Making and Paper/Finished Product Lab Testing. In this position, you will own the making of small batch paper samples, assist in conducting laboratory testing and assist with the preparation of samples.
- Experience with molded fiber manufacturing process is a plus.
- Strong math skills and ability to perform calculations using Excel or other software as needed.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook is required.
- Must be willing to learn and be a motivated self-starter who can efficiently complete tasks outlined in experimental test plans on schedule.
- Attention to detail when collecting data, summarizing results, and maintaining equipment records.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to multitask and deal effectively with time pressures, stress, and changing demands of job on a regular basis
- Ability to handle highly confidential business information
Responsibilities and Duties
- Run designed experiments using a DOE (design of experiment) or data collecting Excel spreadsheet.
- Learn how to make small batch paper samples and own the process.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Assists in general clean-up of the laboratory to ensure a clean, safe work environment.
- Works as part of the team, communicates well with personnel at all organizational levels in a professional manner, and maintains a respectful work environment.
- This job does have exposure to water, pulp and chemicals. PPE is provided.
- Requires walking, ability to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulder heights and below waist throughout the day.
- Some work will be in office/lab area, some work will be spent working in the production area.
- Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion.