The primary responsibilities of the Engineering Technician will be to collaborate with the process engineering department to support equipment selection, installation, process development and continuous improvement. The Engineering Technician also maintains lab equipment, and assists engineers, and scientists in research and development. The Engineering Technician will assist engineers as they create, modify, and test products and processes and perform extensive research and development during creation phase of technology
- High school diploma and/or GED with a minimum of four (4) years direct industry experience; OR
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or similar with 2+ years of direct industry experience
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills and time management
- Windows, computer operating systems and Windows software applications
- A willingness to learn
- Knowledge of plant safety, environment, and good manufacturing practices
- Ability to collaborate and maintain professionalism in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong math skills and ability to perform calculations as needed
- Must be very detail-oriented and understand the value of accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to understand initiate, plan, execute, and complete Hook Up projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively manage time and changing demands of job on a regular basis
- Ability to handle highly confidential company information
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create solutions to complex technical problems
- Study specification plans and blueprints to determine the proper assembly, alignment, and calibration of machines.
- Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers, and micrometers
- Assist engineers as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Perform extensive research and development during creation phase of technology.
- Able to analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems
- Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct tests and collect data.
- Read and interpret machinery and component mechanical drawings and schematics, maintenance manuals, and parts catalogs to enable maingua and diagnostics
- Assist in product development, and production.
- Build and set up equipment.
- Prepare and conduct experiments.
- Calculate or record results during experiments.
- Create prototypes of equipment.
- Utilize computer-aided design and drafting equipment during design phase.
- Calibrate test equipment.
- Develop methods used in the prevention, control, or remediation of environmental hazards.
- Works as part of the team, communicates well with personnel at all organizational levels in a professional manner, and maintains a respectful work environment.
- Performs preventive maintenance of the equipment and facility.
- Requires walking, ability to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulder heights and below waist throughout the day.
- Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- The position may occasionally require work in off hours, on weekends, or on holidays as business demands require.
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development