Footprint exists to create a healthier planet by eliminating single-use and short-term use plastics. Footprint designs, develops and manufactures technologies that are biodegradable, compostable, and recyclable. We love our oceans and our planet, which is why we are revolutionizing industries to eliminate plastic pollution by making it easy for companies to switch to plant-based solutions. The company employs close to 3,000 people worldwide, including over 90 engineers and scientists and several PhDs. Footprint’s headquarter is based in Arizona USA and in Europe we have a technological development center in Eindhoven and soon also a production site in Piekary Śląskie. Are you up to the challenge to help us build a World Class Manufacturing Environment from scratch? Then you are the one we are looking for to join one of the world’s most innovative and promising companies within Europe
When you join Footprint, you will be joining a sustainable technology firm that is focused on reducing or eliminating plastics. We value our employees and foster new ideas, enable personal growth and are driven by making a difference. To become a part of the Footprint community, you are someone with an adventurous nature, who is motivated to make our new plant a success. As a Supply Chain & Procurement Director you will lead cross functional teams of individuals through the day-to-day activities of supporting the Planning, Logistics, Warehousing and Procurement for our European business. Your goal is the realization of supply chain optimization throughout the entire supply chain, from raw materials to the manufacturing floor through to delivery of the final products to our customers. In this process sustainability is taken into account. You will join team and report directly to the Vice President of Planning and Logistics who is located in Gilbert AZ, USA and dotted line into the Senior Vice President EMEA.
Responsibilities also include:
● Develop sourcing strategies, policies and procedures that drive the key performance indicators in alignment with the stakeholder business requirements and to drive the most value for the business.
● Ensure that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with procurement policy and procedures.
● Play a key role in meeting customer expectations by creating a responsive supply chain.
● Help implement ERP system to support demand planning, supply planning, logistics, warehousing and procurement.
● Align supply chain people and processes with best-in-class strategies to meet company metrics and goals
● Create and execute requests for proposals together with structured information analysis ensuring all business requirements are captured.
● Drive negotiations to realize good supplier pricing, term/conditions and long-term agreements in order to deliver the most value for the business (including suppliers of raw materials, transport, intermediate storage of semi-finished products, etc.).
● Prepare and implement appropriate forms of contract and commitment with suppliers in collaboration with corporate Legal when needed.
● Stand up warehouses to support the storage of raw materials (mostly fiber and additives) and finished goods, minimizing storage levels.
● Manage transportation of products from suppliers, in between sites, and to customers as needed.
● Develop and publish production planning schedule to support customer demand
● Evaluate capacity requirements needed to support customer demand
● Stand up Sales & Operations Planning processes for EU business
● Roll out metrics to measure success of supply chain and procurement
● Monitor, report, manage and continuously improve supplier performance using metrics and other tools. Drive innovation and enable knowledge and expertise with key suppliers.
● Monitor, analyze and improve logistical performance and proactively inform local operations about supply status.
● Work cross functional with site teams and share best practices where applicable.
● Identify, track and deliver cost reduction opportunities, focusing on accuracy of delivery and supply chain. Also identify working capital improvement opportunities, such as payment terms monitoring and inventory reduction.
● Be an active member in helping teams using the techniques and content created with this new process.
● Supervise order fulfilment and on time delivery.
● BSc Degree or higher in a discipline of Supply Chain, Logistics or related field.
● Minimum 10 years of work experience in Supply chain, Inventory, Logistics management and Minimum 5 years work experience in the management level within the food or packaging industry.
● Self-motivated individual, good communicator, able to sustain strong working relationships at all levels with internal and external business partners.
● Strong organization and multitasking skills
● Strategic thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Good knowledge of information systems (ERP-systems), SCM, Transport Management Systems (TMS), TCO/cost reduction, project management, LEAN, etc.
● Experience with multichannel/customer-centric approach within Supply Management.
● English and Polish fluency is required.
We offer you:
● The opportunity to join a young, ambitious and fast-growing team.
● Access to a promising business segment where you will directly contribute to a healthier planet.
● An international, professional and open-minded environment.
● A challenging opportunity with autonomy, variety, and personal development possibilities within one of the top players in the sustainable packaging business.
● Modern working conditions.
Every position at Footprint directly enables a better future for all of us. If you want to make a difference by working somewhere purpose-driven, then Footprint may be the place for you. When you work for Footprint, we will be investing in you with career growth paths and incentives that reward excellence.
More about Footprint
Footprint has a clear vision: eliminate single-use and short-term use plastics. Footprint designs, develops and manufactures technologies that are biodegradable, compostable, and recyclable. We make it easy for companies to switch out of plastic to preserve our future. We love our oceans and our planet, that’s why we are revolutionizing industries to eliminate plastic pollution. The company was founded by former Intel engineers Troy Swope and Yoke Chung and employs more than 2,000 people. In 2019, Footprint was announced a winner of the prestigious NextGen Cup Challenge for its plant-based alternative manufacturing process for making cups and lids. Footprint was also named to the 2020 Fortune “Change the World” list. Footprint has already helped eliminate over 60 million pounds of plastic. The company is based in Gilbert, Arizona. For more information and a complete portfolio of Footprint solutions visit www.footprintus.com.
If you believe this position is meant to be yours, please apply until October 15, 2022 at the latest.
"Principals only. No recruiters please"