The Demand Planner will play an essential role in the supply chain at Footprint. They will use the analytical, marketing, and sales data to effectively estimate future product demands. Their duties include building a demand process and metrics, planning demand by items for 12-18 month horizon, analyzing statistical data, and generating forecasting solutions.
- Build a demand planning process within a fast-paced start up organization
- Implement forecast accuracy and bias metrics to measure the success of our forecasting process.
- Successfully communicate demand forecast vs revenue estimations to management
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
- Conduct ongoing forecast maintenance
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
- Interact with Sales, Marketing, and Planning teams to understand demand forecast drivers
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Planning teams to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing forecasting strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Analyze forecast numbers and root cause for changes and performance misses
- Challenge assumptions and projections of Sales and Marketing teams to ensure the most accurate outcome is reached
- Calculate financial impact of proposed adjustments to forecast and be able to understand the delta to the budget
- Drive accountability for performance metrics throughout the process by understanding forecast assumptions, measuring KPIs and driving accountable parties toward root causes of performance misses
- Lead and/or collaborate in cross-functional meetings, including influencing perspectives and driving outcomes
- BA/BS college degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of software related to inventory, production and demand planning is preferred.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.