Do You Have What It Takes To Change The World?
Footprint exists to create a healthier planet by eliminating single-use and short-term use plastics.
Footprint designs, develops and manufactures technologies that are biodegradable, compostable, and recyclable.
We love our oceans and our planet, which is why we are revolutionizing industries to eliminate plastic pollution by making it easy for companies to switch to plant-based solutions.
At Footprint the Accounts Payable Specialist are to participate in all functions associated with the accounting department including but not limited to, monthly closings, accounts receivable, collection calls, accounts payable, payroll (including quarterly reports and benefits) and fixed assets. In addition, this position plays a role, partnering with business partners outside of Finance such as manufacturing and procurement to accomplish a variety of other monthly and quarterly close process steps, and ad hoc analysis.
What You Will Need to be Successful:
- Must embrace the need for hands-on work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced growth environment.
- Practical knowledge of finance and accounting in a growth company environment, including understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, provide value-added service along with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commission proportions, and percentages.
- Have the skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience should demonstrate the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with other departments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of accounting standards, conventions, and principles.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities within deadlines.
- Applies principles of finance and accounting to various accounting duties.
- Maintain Financial Statement report structure and hierarchy for roll ups and consolidation in SAS reporting system.
- Review invoices for correct classification into expense categories.
- Maintain vendor files and W-9’s according to company policy.
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank reconciliations, and documenting loans.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Assists AP Manager and other Accountants with special projects.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) statistics and trends for monthly management review package.
- Assist with the maintenance of the business unit’s internal financial processes and internal controls (SOX).
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
- Help in analysis of product costs, overhead absorption, abnormal fixed cost expenditures, etc.
- Daily interface with manufacturing personnel and production planners. Assist planning and scheduling to improve inventory controls and internal programs.
- The position may occasionally require work in off hours, on weekends, or on holidays as business demands require.
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development