The General Ledger (GL) Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the general ledger by reviewing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring conformance with established internal controls, and leading the GL team to drive processes that conform the accounting to the standards required under US GAAP. In addition, this position plays a critical role, partnering with business partners outside of Finance to accomplish a variety of other monthly and quarterly close process steps, ad hoc analysis, and SOX compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred.
- 4+ years of accounting experience in public accounting or with a publicly traded company.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Experience in working with technical accounting issues and SEC reporting preferred.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Embrace hands-on work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced growth environment.
- Practical knowledge of finance and accounting in a growth company environment, including understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities within deadlines.
- Bold, strategic thinker with a keen focus on transforming processes.
- Engaging project leader with strong team skills.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve accounting and operational issues.
- Intellectually curious, analytically strong, and embracer of change.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and adhere to tight deadlines effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Take ownership of accounting areas with higher levels of complexity (Derivatives, leases, equity, etc.)
- Communicates and coordinates with both internal and external auditors and satisfies their requests for information in a timely manner.
- Assist with the Preparation of SEC filings (quarterly 10-Q and annual 10K reports).
- Provide technical accounting support to the Director of Accounting (analysis and research).
- Ability to analyze variances and root cause. Able to make recommendations based on analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analysis.
- Serving as a key resource for special projects with the ability to both lead as well as provide meaningful contributions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with financial analysis, production, receiving and procurement departments.
- Promote a healthy team culture by maintaining a positive attitude and being a team player.
- Lead by example in meeting deadlines and prioritizing work appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with internal financial processes and internal controls (SOX).
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Vice President, Corporate Controller, Chief Financial Officer, or other senior executive(s).